Saturday, December 13, 2003

last night i had a dream where i was committed into an insane asylum that was more like some sort of bizarre summer camp. part of it looked like my school and some sort of military base. there was a huge alien spaceship there, too. my english teacher was there yelling at people and he was telling us about how we were supposed to stay in this certain room and watch a movie. suddenly a friend of mine came up to me and told me that the zombie aliens needed their brains back, and the only way to do it was to find the king alien and jab my thumb underneath his chin and kill him, while at the same time popping out his brain. i told my friend that i wasn't sure about his plan, when i saw a box of weird pills. we put water on the pills, and they transformed into giant red/purple brains that littered the ground everywhere. and there was this weird alien corpse on the ground. my english teacher got upset about "the brains being released". the whole dream i was constantly concerned that i wasn't going to make it to work on time the next day, since i was committed and all. i spent a good deal of time on the phone calling my work and my mom, asking if she could break me out so i could get to the chocolate factory the next day.

i thought about it and figured out where certain parts of my dream came from:

• box - the box of unfinished nerve ending from "My Life As A Teenage Robot"
• alien corpse - dead alien from a video game at a friend's house
• military base - base from the aforementioned video game
• spaceship - Nergil's ship from yesterday's episode of "The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy"
• pills - watched some friends play "Dr. Mario" yesterday
• insane asylum/movie/english teacher - recently watched "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" in english class

kinda interesting how you can piece a dream together like that. maybe they really don't have meaning. maybe dreams are just jumbled up shit that is buried in our psyche. eh. i don't feel like thinking about it much right now.

saturday night and there is so much to do, yet i'm doing nothing...

No comments: