Friday, January 05, 2007

The Life of an "Artiste"

Being an artist is not as glamorous as one would think. This is mostly because myself and many of my peers never sleep. Visit an art school sometime, you'll see what I mean. While I may not be exactly sure why some of my artistically-inclined peers don't sleep (some things are better left to the unknown), a major problem I have is that once I start a drawing, I can't stop. I say to myself, "Yeah! Wow! Look at this sketch, it's gorgeous! I can feel the passion flowing through my veins! God, life is great!" and then look up and go, "Oh Jesus, is that the sun?" I had such a dilemma tonight. Even now as my body aches for the comforting softness of my bed (God, I'm making it worse), I'm sitting here writing in my blog. I have other motives, friends. I will show you what keeps me up at this hour. Behold!


But that's not all. I spent a good portion of the evening coloring this:


Now, this whole thing started out harmless but apparently there's a Pan's Labyrinth sketchbook contest that will be judged by del Toro himself, and with a little over a month to scrounge together some fan art I really want to enter this thing. So there you have it.

Also, Venture Bros is GO for SEASON 3!!!! I am a happy little bunny, even though it currently feels like there is a vengeful imp poking holes in my stomach with a pitchfork. Time to sleep!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sleep all the time. I have no idea what you're talking about...
m

davo said...

That is the coolest picture ever. I must have it at once. Ahem.