Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Sigh

Things have been really... well, different lately. I find myself on an emotional rollercoaster with high highs and low lows. If you know me, you know I definitely prefer something more along the lines of Space Mountain's track, not California Screamin'.

Above all else, my grandfather passed away last week. He was an amazing, honest man who lead a difficult life in many ways but always stayed loyal to his family. I'm sad he's gone, but I'm a little more sad that I never got to know him better. This is the first death in my family that I've experienced (except for my Dad's dad, who died when I was very young) and it's just so surreal. Death is one of those confounding subjects that I never seem to stop thinking about and to be confronted by it head-on is difficult.

That's why I want to thank my friends who really gave a damn when it happened. You guys called me, made sure I was okay, and would have done anything for me if I needed it. That's sappy as all hell but I know it's true, and you guys rule. Thank you.

You know, I'm someone who doesn't take much stock in horoscopes and sign compatibilities and all that crap, but sometimes it's so dead-on that it spooks me out. Really. I always think "Oh hey, it's all coincidence" but then I read some big five-paragraph thing and everything except for two meager sentences is right on the money. I don't know if it makes me feel better or worse. Or just dumb.

God, this post is so depressing it's embarrassing. I'm really sorry, most of the time thing blog is great for my goofy nonsense but every now and then it's the only place I feel like I can really just ramble, if only to myself. Oh my God, I sound like such an emo. Jesus, someone slap me.


Well, either way I made this turnaround, and it and Demetri Martin are the only things that make me happy in my life. Okay, and American Idol and Burning Crusade. Wait, not Burning Crusade. Burning Crusade is stealing my life from me.

A special thanks to Mollie. Mollie, thank you for keeping me sane in these insane times. I'd like to think I'm helping you stay sane too. Let's just go to Disneyland and get fat on Monty Cristos and sing pirate songs be bitches and forget everything. Urgh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Monte Cristos make you bloated, but not pregnant.
-m