Thursday, November 13, 2003

writing to once again ensure a hearty lack of slumber

today was thursday which means something was bound to go wrong. this week's installment was somebody signing on my screen name in the computer lab at school and deleting my entire buddy list. woopee!!

running out of hair straightener. afraid

got a haircut today too. at fantastic sams, which is a terrifying place with paint on the walls. while i was sitting around the place i was working on a drawing of my character reyla (for the half a person who knows, reyla is the sexy pink-haired lass avec bondage dans la pagé de artweeerkkoo) and a haircut lady stopped and started talking to me.

haircut lady: is that freehand?
me: yeah, it is.
hl: are you taking classes? i hope you are.
me: no... no classes. i'm self-taught.
hl: well, i hope you're planning on doing something with that.
me: yeah, i am.
hl: do you want to illustrate children's books?
me: (glaring at the drawing with reyla in a dark goth-esque outfit and a very short skirt)... no, i'm getting into animation and comic books.
hl: oooh!! done in freehand like that?
me: yes...
hl: now is that yours, have you made that before?
me: yes, she's an original character from a comic i've been working on for a year and a half.
hl: so is she or he yours?
me:...... yes.
hl: and you want to do this freehand?
me: yep. i want to make my own animated shorts.
hl: but... i thought they did that all with computer now! do they still do it freehand?
me: well, computer is becoming more popular, but... there are still certain animation shows and things which support traditiona--
hl: you keep that up! it's neat!
me: ....

now, okay. i know not every person on the planet can be animation savvy but that conversation was so bizarre and depressing even though i know that the woman knows nothing about animation or could even tell reyla is a woman. it's not her fault in the slightest but it's times like that where i know that no matter how hard i could try to explain the complex beauty of animation to someone, they still would have no idea what the fuck i was talking about. it's sort of sad in a way. but the picture of reyla will be done soon and i am quite proud of it...

bought the elf soundtrack and it is the best christmas cd since the south park christmas album. i hate christmas songs but every track on this cd is a delight. especially brian setzer's nutcracker suite. if i had to sit in a big room and listen to the same song forever for eternity, i might consider that song as a top ten candidate. it's keen. i am completely obsessed with arctic puffin and if you do not know what that is, you must see elf immediately.

i'm thinking of writing reviews for movies and tv and stuff since i would like to. however, i am lazy and this puts a damper on everything.

i think my car is dead. it was alive for two days but now it is somewhat dead. i cry

sleep...

No comments: