Saturday, August 26, 2006

ALSO

I'm coming to terms with the fact that, about two months ago when I got my very first bladder infection, I learned for the first time where my urethra empties itself. Now, I find this particularly disturbing because I previously thought I was well-aware of which designated holes did what and where they were located. Slightly more unsettling is the memory of my freshman year Human Health and Sexuality class in high school in which I specifically remember my teacher telling me that "the urethra is here", while pointing to a diagram the clitoris or something close to it. However I am not surprised since this was the teacher that would frequently write his own multiple-choice tests and accidentally leave out the correct answer on a majority of the questions. He also spent time massaging the shoulders of the girls in class, which I guess was his cute way of flirting since he obviously has no idea how female genitalia is structured. Aw, I'm being mean. He's actually a really great guy, honest.

But still. I don't know how I spent twenty years on this planet not knowing where I pee out of.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well its not entirely your fault you didnt know where it was, someone showed you and you belived it to be true you had no reason not to. Sounds to me like he just wanted to point at the clitoris maybe. Most guys out there want to point at the clitoris.

Well now you do know where it is, and knowing is half the battle!


Charles.

Anonymous said...

I remember finding out about this in sixth grade after the fifth grade Sex Ed classes...
I was deeply concerned because I was under the impression that the hole I was peeing out of was actually my vaginal opening. After observing things and mulling over the idea for about a year, I went to my mom in a panic, because I was convinced that I didn't actually have a vagina. This misconception was cleared up with a very embarassing situation involving a mirror and a lot of discussion.
m