Thursday, August 03, 2006

Ugghhh

Today is one of those days where, from the moment you wake up, it sucks. Not in any exceedingly prominent way, but in a very dull, depressing way. For starters, it's been terribly gloomy out all day. Dark and gloomy. I spent my entire day in my room watching cartoons after a fitful night of sleep and a series of bizarre dreams. No one called me and I haven't eaten much in two days due to being busy and stressed. Actually, I lied. I ate something a half hour ago but since my stomach isn't used to eating anything except for english muffins and guacamole over a forty-eight hour period, it's hurting somethin' fierce. After all this, throw in a ton of worry over someone I care about deeply into the mix, and you've got a great recipe for feeling awful.


Also the one dream I feel I can share was one where I was on the Sailing Ship Columbia (the pirate-esque ship at Disneyland) on the sea with the crew from Pirates of the Caribbean. As part of a big spectacle set up for the 50th Anniversary, the ship flew out of the water, leaving a trail of pixie dust behind (for anyone who has even been on the Peter Pan ride, think of the way the ship looks flying over Mermaid Lagoon towards the end of the ride). So the ship zooms forward and it's just me and Jack Sparrow on it, although I'm dressed up like Elizabeth Swann (score). The ship heads towards Disneyland, taking these huge playful dives and twirls down Main Street, freaking the crap out of the Disney guests below. The ship heads for the Rivers of America and plunges into the water, right in front of a screen set-up for the premiere of the Pirates movie. I remember thinking, "I wonder if I can pass for a convincing Keira Knightley with short hair". Meanwhile for some reason Jack and I are tied up over the water for no real reason. The audience is "ooing" and "aahing" at the spectacle, when suddenly, GIANT TENTACLES reach out from the river and towards the guests. The Kraken! Everyone screams and runs. When it is silent again, a producer pops out of nowhere, yells "That's a wrap!" and gets us down while revealing the clever new Kraken special effect they set up.

That was a weird one. The strange thing was it was all so convincing. Even the Kraken effect didn't look super real, but real enough to be something Disney Imagineers could accomplish.

Boy, this entry sure was one big happy sunshiney pick-me-up, wasn't it? Sorry everyone.

No comments: